Friday, July 20, 2012

A small novel about nothing to you and everything to me.

Some would think this post is just unorganized thoughts, I think it's about as organized as my thoughts are going to get. I've been meaning to write this for awhile but it keeps on getting pushed back which I guess is a good thing because that just means there is more to write about.

I'll start with my favorite thing to think about. Leaving arizona. My las six months are pretty much here. They're right in my lap and I have to decide what I am going to do with them. I am not going to waste them I am going to make them the most fun 6 months I have had yet.

I recently just spent a few days in Provo Utah and really enjoyed my self more than I have in so long. The first night I was there I found my self getting about three hours asleep. I couldn't sleep from all he caffein and just the lingering fun I had that night. We had done a lot that night, Sparks (which was this funny, dare I say "Hipster" cafe place to hang and buy non-alcholic drinks. It had dim lighting and a lot of amazing art work all over the walls and such). We met up with some more crazy kids after that at 7/11which was fun but odd (They LOVE that gas station). Afterwords we just went back to the apartment and played guitar sag, caught up with my cousin Max (whom I haven't seen since I was like,  15?) and even met a guy named Jeff who was a super rad dude. Later that night after everyone had passed out, I was the only one up sleeping on the couch. I was comfortable, I just was in this weird trance of caffein and emotions. Everyone I met that night asked me "where are you from?" I said "Chandler, Arizona." Most of the responses I got were "No way! I'm from gilbert!" or mesa or chandler to tempe or whatever. A lot of AZ kids up there. The next thing I would usually say was "I love it up here!" They would then finally say "You should just move up here!" like it was so easy, no big deal. Which brings me back to what I was saying earlier. I was in deep thought and I thought to my self, could I do it? Could I really move here? There are plenty of jobs, plenty of family and I had already made a great start to some wonderful potential friends. It could be so good for me, a new place, a new person, new people but at the end of the night (really it was morning by then) I decided I would have to pray and really talk about it some more before I really even could make a decision.

Anyways the next morning I woke up and got ready for singles ward with Jami and Camille. Their ward was pretty early considering the night I just had, it started at 9:00. I liked it though it was nice and peaceful. Everyone there was pretty cool. It was kinda just your regular singles ward. Afterwords we went back to the apartment and hung out watched movies, played guitar, baked cookies and cooked pork shops. It was a pretty great sunday so far. Jami was in charge of this activity in the singles ward, we were going down to the special needs center to hang out with all the guys and girls there. At first I wasn't all that pumped about it, I just felt kind of felt impartial about it. But as we got there I just felt so good about being there, I had so much fun watching all the people who went (not that many people from the singles ward went) interact and just hang out. To give up there time, just relax and talk to these people who don't ever get out. They loved it so much they were yelling and laughing, really just embracing out presence (literally, so many hugs).

Afterwords we went to ward prayer and then back to the apartments to change for this guys birthday. We got there and at first it was kinda awkward, I didn't really know anyone and there weren't a lot of people there. I spent my time chilling on the couch listening to my cousins talk about funny stories and different people. Then I met a girl named Paige. She was nice, blonde, about my height and one of my cousons dear friends. She had just bought a kitten, moments before she came to this party so I found it kinda odd that she just had this kitten at the party and decided to get to know her. We had a lot to talk about it was nice, she was super into snowboarding and surfing which gave us a lot to talk about and it was nice getting to know someone at this awkward enough birthday party. The party started to kinda die down to an empty apartment and we decided we were going to go back Camille and Jami's apartment. We were all walking and Paige and this other kid (Who looked exactly like Willy Wonka, ((the 90's one))) decided they were gonna run to there own apartments for a little bit and meet up at the apartment a little later. We got there, sat down, started a movie and we were all hangen and talking when 1 of the 2 favorite people I met while I was up there Jeff, walked through the door. I was stoked to see him, we hung out, talked. After awhile Paige (My 2nd favorite person I met) came back as well. after awhile Everyone ended up crashing all over the place, the only people left awake were me, Paige, and Jeff. We decided we were gonna go get another movie, just hang out and talk. We talked about music and work and school and missions and everything we could think of! After awhile jeff was really tired and had to go home because he had to work early. Me and Paige just stayed up and talked until we passed out with everyone else. It was easily the most fun relaxed two and a half days I've had in a long time. Moral of the story is that meeting new people is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment