Thursday, August 23, 2012

Tonight.

Tonight was a lot of fun, it was a real confidence booster. Technically, it wasn't a date or at least it was never addressed as a date.


My friend Amy had invited me to a school play she had wanted to see. Me being pretty flexible and open to almost anything, I accepted the invitation! I was pretty excited to hang out and catch up with Amy, I had never really spend much 1 on 1 time with her and it was cool seeing this girl I met as a freshman (I was a sophomore at the time) turn into the awesome girl she is today, really seeing that change as we talked and spent time together tonight. I showed up at her house, I was excited to pop in and say hi to the Durret's (long time friends) and catch up with her parents and older sister for a quick minute. Brian (Amy's dad) made a joke about how I didn't ask permission to take his daughter out for the night, I quickly replied saying "Ah, but you see Amy is the one taking me out and she had forgot to ask my parents if it were alright if she took me out." Brian genuinely enjoyed this joke and sent us off. We got in my truck and it never really got awkward, we were talking, joking and just having a good time. We showed up to the school play thing early so we decided to dip and go get circle K so we could have snacks and shig during the play. While we were at circle K Amy told me she had pre bought our tickets which made me pretty happy, the fact that she bought tickets just made the whole invitation more thoughtful. haha So I really enjoyed that. The play was super funny just because me and Amy couldn't stop cracking jokes at all the lines and kids in the play. Regardless, the play(s) were really funny (As funny as high school plays could be.) Afterwords we decided to hit up Fro Yo (I decided to officially seal the deal as a cheesy first date by taking Amy out to frozen yogurt. ((Shout out to Alyssa because she loves that garbage.)) and I bought Amy frozen yogurt. After that I took her home because she had school in the morning but we decided we would get together again and just watch movies and hang out with everyone.

Overall, Tonight was genuinely a lot of simple fun. I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment