Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A letter.

A letter from a friend so close to my heart. I can't say this doesn't move me a little. I can't say this doesn't blow my mimd a little. I can't say I am not excited for what's to come.


Dear Family and Friends,

 I am now a missionary, it's official. The MTC is amazing. Today is my 6th day here and i can finally kinda say im used to it all and im getting closer to getting used to the sleep schedule haha! I probably shoulda started getting my sleep schedule on track BEFORE the mtc, but its all good. I miss everyone, a lot. Theres not a lot that i dont miss. My first day/night might have been the hardest thing ive ever had to do. Saying goodbye to my family and friends for two years. Basically abandoning everything i know, except for the church, la iglesia de jesucristo de los santos de los ultimos dias. As you can see spanish is going great! not even a week in and me and my companion have been teaching an investigator. My companions name is Elder Carpenter, hes from gilbert and went to higley! I even found out he did bug spray for bryant black's family! Crazy! hes going to the spokane, washington mission. Pardon all my grammar and punctuation errors.... this keyboard SUCKS. The first couple of days were rough, wake up at 6:30, get ready, got to class, then go to breakfast, then go to class, then go to lunch, then go to class, then go to dinner, then go back to class till 9:30 at night.... for someone like me (a psycho) ITS CRAZY. sometimes we have 6 hours of class at a time....

Its been really hard missing my family. I miss my mom, dad, amy, derek, mitch, AND toby! lets just say that besides me balling after getting set apart, and balling at the airport, my pillow has been wet a couple nights here. I just barely did laundry. now i know how flippin annoying it is!!! holy cow it sucks, especially with like 100 other elders tryna wash their clothes! P-day is such a nice break from constant class though, thats for sure.

Sunday was awesome. Sacrement meeting, priesthood, and the fireside were all so good! My teacher, brother herman, is awesome. he teaches me so much, and i can already tell the difference in my teaching, studying, and attitude towards being a missionary, i love him. I only have a couple minutes left, i spent like 10 just trying to figure out all this email crap! 

Mom, i love you, so much. I miss you probably the most. you have done SO much for me over the years and it is the rerason im here today. without your example, love, and nurturing id probably be on the streets. I know ill never be able to make it up to you, or thank you enough, but i hope serving a mission was a good birthday present for you, I love you. 

Dad, same for you. i know i wasnt good at showing it, but your a good example and a hero in my eyes. Im so thankful for everything youve taught me. I know we always have butted heads but, hey, we did alright:) I love you.

Derek, be good. dont be a brat like i was in highschool. Make sure you pick good friends and choose the right, always. I love you

Mitch, work hard. You better be doing your homework and studying and doing WHATEVER mom asks. even if that is taking out the trash! and if you ever are sad, or feel alone, remember im praying for you, mom and dad are, and heavenly father loves you. I love you buddy, thanks for talking at my farewell, good job.

Amy, I MISS YOU SO MUCH. i Miss how you always gave me hugs and told everyone im your favorite brother:) I love you so much, and hope your doing all that mom asks you to do too! keep being the perfect little angel you are. Im praying for you too! i love you amy:)

Well, im out of time:( but, i love you all, thanks for everything youve done for me, you dont know how much youve really helped me get to this point. All the leaders, friends, teachers, and Bishop Mccleve. THank you, so much.
Hopefully my mom can figure out how to forward this to everyone! and dont forget IF YOU WANT TO SEND ME FOOD THEN I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!

Until next week!

Love,

Elder Wahlin


I don't really think I need to say much more about how I feel about this post, letter, or the feelings it makes me feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment